There are many, many ways to open a beer. You can use a piece of paper, a water bottle, or, if you're feeling tough, you can even use your forearm. But why do that when you can make your own bottle opener for nothing?
If you've got a piece of wood, a regular old nail, and two small magnets, you can make this awesome bottle opener like Ethan Hagan did over at The Art of Manliness.
If you want to go pure redneck style, simply ditch the magnets.
First, Ethan cut the wood into the shape he wanted, then sanded and stained it. Next, he drilled three holes—two for the magnets and one for the nail. After bending a 3-inch nail to a 90-degree angle using a clamp and a vise, he stuck it and the magnets in place with hot glue.
That's it! The simplest homemade bottle opener you could ever want to build. Plus, the magnets let you hang it on the fridge so you'll never lose it. Check out Ethan's full tutorial for more details, and check out his first one ever made on One Project Closer For the redneck version, just find a piece of scrap wood and put a bent nail in it—it's as simple as that.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades