There's nothing better than a good, cold brewski—unless that beer comes from your very own pirate chest cooler. Of course, it would be better if your pirate chest was full of gold, but this has got to be the next best thing (though, maybe you can have both).
Redditor ShutUpLori turned a regular 52qt cooler into a pirate chest using some plywood, door hinges, and a few small pieces (lock, handles, and nail covers) easily found on Google. Here's what he came up with.
After making a basic box from the plywood, ShutUpLori sanded it down, attached the lid with door hinges, and made some trim out of pallet lumber. The cooler itself doesn't actually attach to the box in any way, it just sits inside.
After the box was finished, all that was left to do was stain it and add the little details to make it look authentic. ShutUpLori says he searched Google for rustic nail covers, handles, and locks. The skull and crossbones on the front is also a nice touch.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades